Wednesday, September 19, 2012

DRESS UP WEDDING PICTURE DAY

Christina and CJ wanted to do their wedding pictures while I was visiting. We were going to do them on Saturday after I get the dress that Christina had made for me but she just found out from work that she has to go to Chongqing for the weekend for some training for her job, so we had to do them earlier. We went to the photography studio yesterday at 10am and didn't get finished until 4pm. A long and exhausting day but we had a lot of fun.  I am so glad I was allowed to take a few "behind the scenes" photos as well.  Christina and CJ are just hams in front of the camera which makes the photographers job much easier and fun.  The wedding pictures here are a lot different than what we do.  They go to a studio and can pick 2 or 3 outfits that they would like and they have a bunch of rooms with different settings and they can also do outside photos which they are going to do maybe next year as well. Each time they changed clothes they also changed the hairstyle and touched up the makeup.

The kids being silly as usual! They are so funny and so much alike!




These are the ones I just love!!  So traditional and interesting.  The photographer had them posing in so many unique ways which were probably the way they took the photographs 200-300 years ago. I went to a section behind the photographer to try to get a good shot of the staged pictures he was taking but he just kept getting in my way!! I guess I have to wait for his photos.







 Christina's mom and dad came with us and then had to leave to go to a wedding for a little while.  The traditional pictures were taken while they were gone. Then the kids changed into the next outfits and by then the  parents were back. I took a few of these before they whisked us all away for our makeup and dresses. I didn't get to see the photo shoot for this one







They had a little bit of a harder time trying to find me a dress.  All the girls over there are so little and thin and straight up and down. I have more curves than they are used to. They are also not used to eyes like mine, especially, blue eyes. I had a lot of comments on how beautiful they were and everyone seemed to stare. It was all good. So here we are all dressed up. We had fun with our photo shoot too. We asked the photographer if he would take a picture of all of us with my camera. He took one and looked at my camera and was a bit puzzled and then laughed..mine is in English!   He was really a great photographer, even if I couldn't understand him, and I can't wait to see (and get) some of the photos!!!



No comments: