Thursday, June 5, 2008

MY LAST DAY IN CHINA

My last full day in China I decided to talk a walk to the park. I left around 8:15 and as I walked through the park the ladies were doing their dancing to Chinese music as I have seen them do before. I went over to the Wu Mart to pick up a few things. When I got to the park I decided to film the dancers.

My friend with the baby, that I had talked to in English before, stopped to chat for a moment.



Then this man walked by and just kept smiling at me. I smiled and said hello. He said something to me in Chinese that I did not understand. I took his picture and he just hung around next to me and kept smiling.



Then some of the ladies that I had filmed came over to me. They were trying to carry on a conversation with me. I think they wanted me to come and dance with them next time. The next thing I knew I had about 20 people standing around me. Oh sure, I'm leaving and NOW you decided to chat. I took pictures of some of them. They all said goodbye and a minute later the man with the baby walked by again. I motioned for him to come over and he interpreted what some of the younger people with the babies were saying. They wanted to know things like where I was from and how long I was staying. It was about 10:30 by the time I got back to the apartment.









All along I have been talking pictures of the people here. I have too many to put on the blog. If you would like to see more you can click here to view the album.


CJ and I had dinner tonight at a very nice restauant with his friends Erin and Zhousiyuan. This is what we had.



The four of us at the Jiutouying Restaurant.



I have had such a wonderful time in China. Thank you CJ for being the best tour guide and interpreter and also for letting me sleep on the couch and also for annoying you for the last 2 weeks.

I will be glad to get back home but I am also sad to be leaving China. This is such a beautiful country with wonderful people as is America. I hope to be able to return one day.

And if you saw something you liked in any of the souvenier shop pictures I took just pretend that I brought it back for you. You are welcome. Or, you could all pitch in to send me back here to get it for you!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FANTASTIC BLOG. GO ON ANOTHER VACATION SO I CAN READ AND SEE MORE!!!