Wednesday, May 28, 2008

OLYMPIC SITE

This morning CJ wasn't feeling so great but we took a walk down to the Internet office. I had accidently deleted his password to the internet (he may be sending me home soon if I keep this up!). They told him to go home and call a number which eventually he did and got the internet back working. We were both lazy today and just watched a movie and talked.


This is the street he lives on. His apartment is the 2nd to last door on the right and up 6 flights of steps, which I am actually getting used to walking now without falling over!!



He started feeling better this afternoon so we decided to head to the Olympic site. Around 6:00 we took about a 45 minute walk to the site. The weather was cooler then so it was really a nice walk. There is a lot of construction going on along the side streets. The construction workers were still out working when we got there. There were food peddlers with carts of food that went to the main area where the workers were. The construction workers were buying their dinner from them such as noodles , rice and shrimp and were sitting on the side of the road eating. I guess they were planning on working for a while. The whole stadium and pool area is fenced off so you can't get too close but there were a lot of people taking pictures.

The funniest thing happened when we where there. This young Chinese couple were taking each others pictures with the stadium behind them. I was walking down the steps and the young girl looked at me and smiled and motioned "picture". I said yes thinking she wanted me to take a picture of her and the young man together. She said thank you in Chinese and stood next to me while he took our picture. She was so excited and thanked me a couple more times and I motioned that I would take their picture together and she shook her head, no, no, no. CJ and I just walked away laughing.

Here are some pictures of the sites along the way to the stadium.





They have guards standing at various locations around the stadium areas.



This is to the ticket office.


These are pictures of the stadium. We had to walk up a slope to get to the fence.





This is some of the area to the left of the stadium.



I think these are the Olympic Wannabes.



We were going to get a bus back home but none of them went that way so we just ended up walking back and stopping to get dinner. I had some kind of thin strips of what CJ thought was bamboo. It was a cross between cabbage and cucumbers and had thin sliced green and red peppers and green onions through it with a light oil dressing. It also had these really pretty dark reddish brown crunchy things. Ooopps!!! so that is what made the salad so spicy!! They were actually dried chilli peppers. But I really enjoyed it.

1 comment:

hotkatz said...

!very interesting stadium. kind of looks like a roller coaster. how many steps did u take today? keep up the good work