Monday, May 26, 2008

I AM OFFICIALLY A FOREIGNER

Thank you CJ for letting me put this post on your blog!!! Love, Mom



So, I have arrived in Beijing!!!! There was a delay in Newark because 2 people didn't get on the plane and their luggage had to be pulled, one of which was to sit next to me, and that in turn allowed me a window seat!!!! The 13 hour flight was actually quite pleasant. I watched 3 movies and the flight map and they fed us constantly. I tried to nap but it was hard to sleep on the plane. I have to constantly look out the window and take pictures which I will post later since I haven't gotten any sleep in the last 30 hours and am finding it difficult to type. CJ met me at the airport. Going thru immigration and customs took almost an hour. Two bus rides and a walk thru a nice little park and down a few side steets and then up 6 flights of steps to CJ's apartment. We took a little rest, it was 90 degrees when I arrived and we were overheated. CJ took me out for my first Chinese dinner chopsticks and all. We then stopped at the Wu Mart to pick up few things. It is 8:00 pm on Sunday night and I am going to get some sleep.
Denise
ps. When CJ sets me up with my own blog the address will be posted.

No comments: